DIY Paper Easter Egg Cups
This project is perfect for those of you love great design, but want it fast. Using strips of patterned paper and a few embellishments, you can complete this darling family in under 20 minutes.
You can easily customize your eggs to fit your family’s dynamic and quirks. Notice the mom’s messy bun with streaks of gray? Do you question my inspiration for that one?
If you tend to plan ahead, clean a few egg shells and fill 1/3 with soil. Cover surface with wheat berries (found in health food stores or in bulk section of grocery store). Water and wait. Wheatgrass grows quickly. You should expect long locks within a week.
There area couple of options if you are like me and wait until the last minute.
-wheatgrass can be purchased in most grocery stores in the produce department. Cut a section of grass and gently fit it into your egg.
-or even easier… use colored or uncolored boiled eggs.
- Cut 5 inch strips of patterned paper between 1.5 and 3 inches wide
- Attach strip ends together to create a circle – or cuff
- Glue paper, ribbon or other bedazzlements to make your family shine
- Glue googly eyes to either empty or boiled egg or draw eyes with permanent marker
- Make a late night instagram story while listening to Sister Sledge belt “We Are Family” and laughing yourself silly. *This is an important step!*
— — —
This idea has been rattling in my mind for a while and I bet you can create a project even more clever. Imagine if you or your kids drew and colored the shirt cups? I’d love to hear about any great adaptations you use to really make this project yours!
Happy Crafting Friends!